Time: May 8, 2010 from 11am to 12:30pm
Type Group: Paul Tamburello's Office
Street: 3222 Tejon St
Website or Map: http://www.growlocalcolorado.…
Event Type: grow local colorado, volunteering, transition denver, transition, local, food, community, economy
Organized By: Barbara Masoner
Latest Activity: Apr 20, 2010
What: Grow Local Colorado’s Volunteer Orientation
When: May 8th, Saturday, 11-12:30 p.m.
Where: 3222 Tejon St (Highlands, near DragonFly Eco Goods)
Why: Because this is such a fantastic project we want our volunteers ready to go once the gardens are planted (May 19th).
Our goals are to:
· Inspire Denver citizens to grow edible gardens through edible public demonstration plots in local parks around the city, and
· Demonstrate how beautiful and interesting edible gardens can be just as ornamental gardens can be.
To reach those goals we’ll cover:
1) What tasks are requested of our volunteers and when
2) Which community in need will receive which garden's produce
3) Forms required of volunteers by Denver Parks and Recreation
4) Who to contact with questions and concerns
5) A sign up sheet for days volunteers will help out
6) Other volunteer skills that will make this project a success (we’re open to your ideas!)
Questions before then, contact: Barbara Masoner, email@example.com