Colorado Transition Network

IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENTS ON COLORADO TRANSITION NETWORK

Here's an idea. 

In an effort to reduce our footprint on the Earth, let's share cars and see how many we can eliminate.

We have 65 members in our group now.

I have a car I need 7 days a week, however, I wouldn't mind sharing it with others, especially if I had access to other cars as well.  Marci has a car too, but she doesn't need it nearly as frequently as I do.  She's willing to share.

Clearly, we would have to come up with a set of rules that make it work for everyone in a win/win manner.  I'm betting we are smart enough to figure that out.

This discussion is intended to start that conversation.

Who's interested in trying a car share?  Anyone?

How might we pull this off?

Tags: community, pool, resource

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

Don, not sure how to arrange the whole car share thing, but I'll offer my pickup, a 97 Nissan 4 cylinder 4WD.
David, thanks for adding to this discussion. I don't have all the answers, but I'm betting many answers as to how to make this work can be found on the web.

My car is a 1999 Honda Accord sedan.

Marci's is a 2001 Toyota Corolla sedan.

I'm guessing we could use the Grange as a parking area. We could use a lock box of some sort to keep the keys in for access by participants. Hmmmm, wonder if we could get a bike rack installed at the Grange.

Anyone willing to find a used bike rack on Craig's List? A substantial one, like you would see at the Library or something.
Don,

I am sure you're aware that Boulders carshare has expanded to Denver.

Karen Worminghaus is the director...303-720-1185. I am sure they
would like to expand more but regardless she would have advice for
you all...

James

Chris,

This never has been used, however, I am still willing and would like to begin ... we have to start somewhere.  My car has insurance that covers anyone I allow to drive it.  I live in Broomfield.  You can reach me at dstudin at yahoo dot com ... or at 303-248-6677.  I'm using my car Wed - Sat for work, but can be quite flexible Sun - Tue.  Let me know your needs.  Hugs ... dons

RSS

Facing challenges of peak oil, climate change and zero waste

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Transition in Action

Birthdays

© 2014   Created by Michael Brownlee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service